[modeleng] Re: request for info on book.

  • From: Patrick Coppens <sb286643@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 20:40:31 +0200

Thanks Tony,
As far as belgian duty is goes, I guess there is a duty free limit, but
if I order in the UK that is not a problem (EEC).
So I think I will just do that. Everybody seems to be in agreement, that
the book is good an worth its money.
and that was the outset of my question. I do not mind parting with some
cash, as long I do not end up with
something useless.
It is of course, ot a cheap book, but now at least I know that it isn't
something useless.
All of the postings were positive with regards to the quality of the
work. So I think I will  support the Brittish economy once more and
order the thing, pay up, and when it arives, enjoy it.
As books of this kind goes, the price isn't that bad. In the latest
"Camden" booklist there was a leaflet of a similar book.
(not just mechanical,but electrical and chemical also) 3000 pages, same
type and style, but the price was double!
It looked great, but more than 100 GBP for a book is a bit much....
As far as your suggestion goes, it might work, but it would mean, I
would have to find and enlist some poor "Merry Can" to save maybe 10 or
15 pounds and it isn't like one buys these type of books every month (at
least I do not!)...

MVG
Patrick