[modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: Re: [modeleng] Re: 3½ versus 5

  • From: "Jem Harrison" <Jem.Harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:29:58 +0100

Jesse,
            Somebody with a digital camera will have to do the necessary at
the Fosse !

7½ ....now all I need is larger machinery, a larger workspace, lifting gear,
oh, and a win on the lottery !

I am currently drawing the tender for a loco in Gauge 1 (10mm - 1ft) using a
photocopy of a works drawing at 1½ inches to the foot.  I did get the
photocopy reduced by 50% to make it more manageable to spread out on the
table, but found that many of the written dimensions were difficult to read.
At 1½ inches to the foot, the drawing is spot on for 1:8, i.e. 7¼/7½.....and
the bits and pieces look easier to accomplish in that size !  No, no,
no....and yet?....

Meanwhile, there is a room to hoover and an apple crumble to scratchbuild at
12inches to the foot.

Best wishes,

Jem