[modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: Pistons was 3½ vs 5, Sweet Pea

  • From: David Everett <deverett2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:07:49 +0100 (BST)

Al

Good ol' LBSC used to recommend - instruct - that pistons should be half
screwed onto the piston
rod.  The other half should be a tight push fit, the reduced size being the
same as the OD of the
thread.  The screwed part was at the outer end, of course!  That way
concentricity and security
was assured.

Regards

Dave
Saudi-Arabia-On-Sea

--- Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Harry, I must confess to threading the piston rod the full length of the
> piston plus the height
> of the nut. If this is improper practice, what diameter shoulder should be
> allowed for the
piston