[modeleng] email warning.

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:13:47 +0100

Someone, either inadvertantly or deliberately, has been sending out email
purporting to come from a variant of my email address.

They appear to come from "postmaster "at" alanjstepney.free-none.co.uk", and
have an attachment which is a virus.
This is not an address I use, so should you receieve anything from that
sender, please delete it without opening the attachment.

I have traced the actual sender to the US, and advised the ISP that is being
used.

As a matter of course, I never send out attachments without advising the
recipient that they are coming.
Also, about the only things I send, are pictures, which will have a jpg
extension.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.