[modeleng] Re: Workshops

  • From: "Len Smith" <parnobal2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:55:13 -0000

There are some adhesives around now that I'd confidently use to mount things
like electric sockets etc to concrete walls. I have a brother in law in the
panel beating trade and he gave me some cartidges of adhesive that they use to
stick bumper (fender) skirts etc onto body work. These stick like the
proverbial **** to a blanket. I've mounted shelves in my concrete shed that
carry quite considerable weight. I've also had to remove one, and had to split
the timber away and then chisel the residue off the concrete. All my wiring
conduits are mounted on 2"x1/2" planks which are glued to the concrete walls
with this stuff.
Len Smith