[modeleng] Re: Winson Brit Boiler Cert

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:00:27 -0000

Hi,
If that fella was the one in Wales who did a runner with several peoples
Winson kits you have no chance.
He was supposedly an expert at sorting out problems with Winson kits but
only seemed to sort out his own Brittania.I know of a guy who took his
Jubilee and it came back much the same as it went.
At least he got his loco back.

I think that if find this bloke a lot of other people would like to meet
him.
With regards to the Winson Certificate it is only an Hydraulic Test .A club
inspector is still going to want to do a steam test and you may as well let
the club inspector do an hydraulic test before the boiler is put onto the
frames.It keeps every body happy and I have heard of Winson Boilers with
certificates that leaked like sieves.
With my 14XX, I made two trips from Cornwall to Derby.The first was for an
Club Boiler Hydraulic Test even though I  tested it and I also have the
Winson Certificate and the second was for the Club steam test.

Regards

Clif