[modeleng] Re: Why is it so quiet?

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 08:11:54 -0800 (PST)

Well, Harry, here goes:

#1--What materials were used in full sized practice
and WHY cannot the same material be used in our
models?  I'm using ground Stainless in mine and if I
have to replace it after several years, I can do that.

#2--WHY must the inside of a pump bore be lapped
instead of just a good bored or reamed finish?  Isn't
the rings/packing job to take up any small
irregularities in the finish of the bore?

Just the rambling thoughts of a total newbie.

Al Messer