[modeleng] Re: Track protection

  • From: "Clifton" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:38:47 +0100

Hi All,

I don't see the problem with creosote with regards to children or animals.
Once it is dry,that's it ,it's a piece of wood.

Are they going to go around chewing it?

It's the same with second hand full size creosoted railway sleepers being
banned because they cause cancer.
Our preservation railway was going to be given a huge load of second hand
creosoted timber piles for sleepers but the donator had to cancel as they
found out that they would be responsible for supervising what we were going
to do with it & libel if anybody got ill.

H & S gone mad.

Clif