From: "Pcx" <pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:24 PM
Subject: [modeleng] Tr: Re: Steam engine RPM ?

> Hi All,
When discussing with a friend we had this question ( may seem crazy to the
most experienced of You), for which we found no reliable answer, how to
calculate (estimate?) the running speed of a steam engine (RPM) knowing the
type of engine (single/double acting, condensing/non condensing), the
stroke,the bore and the inlet steam pressure ? For your info we are building
an horizontal slide-valve steam engine 1 1/2 bore, 2 1/4 stoke , of a type
inspired from an old design .
> I thank you for your help and the infos you can forward ....
>  Regards
>
> pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx
> Pierre

MODEL ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST.