[modeleng] Re: Topsy - to charge and how to charge, that is the question!

  • From: "John Rippengal" <j.rippengal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:21:45 +0300

Peter Sheppard,
Whoops! I have just re-read your original posts and note that the engine is
only 3/4 hp. That is only equivalent to about 20 amps from the 24v
alternator max even ignoring lots of losses. So you will need a more
sophisticated control system than I have suggested. Basically you will be
running on the battery.Main charging must be after use because the engine
can only supply a fraction of the 96amps your motor will take on max power.
John