[modeleng] Thanks

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:53:25 -0700 (PDT)

I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks to
the M.E. society as a whole in the U.K. that over the
years has created the atmosphere in which men like L.
H. Sparey. L. E. Mason, Tom Walsham, and others, have
been able not only to do the things they have done,
but to WRITE about it and have it published so that
others like me could learn from their experiences and
share their knowledge.

What this is all about is that this past week, thanks
to these gentlemen, I learned how to fly-cut an inside
radius on the Lathe on a piece that had to fit the
curved exterior of a cylinder.  If I had not had
copies of the books written by these gentlemen, I
could not have done it on my own.  To these gentlemen
and their successors I say a very profound "Thank
You"!

Al Messer