[modeleng] Re: Tapers

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:29:50 -0000

Hi Hubert
Easy enough to do, using the Windows calculator.  Set the view to 'scientific'.
 Divide the increase in radius by the length.  Tick the 'inverse' box. Click on
'tan' and that is your answer in degrees.

As Rich says, be careful because you now have the angle of one side of the
taper, not the included angle.

Cheers
Ron