[modeleng] Re: Tapers

  • From: "Shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:48:22 -0000

Thanks Rich

I have found tables giving specific equivalents, online (ie x inches per
foot = y degrees, minutes, seconds) but thus far not the formula, (which
must include using sines).

I have also found similar confusions and take everything with a pinch of
salt!

The reason I require this information, is that I have an inexpensive digital
bevel gauge, which gives degrees, and decimals thereof, with nice BIG
figures - a super tool for enabling an old chap to accurately set a
top-slide, and perhaps a taper-turning attachment..

Cheers!   Hubert