[modeleng] Re: Taper Turning Attachment

  • From: "Chris Crosskey" <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:16:27 +0100

Hi Shep,
I've got a kit built (well, part built) similar one that I'm planning on
fitting to my Myford once it's been bodged a bit more.... The idea is
that you can have a taper turning attachment that covers the full length
of the bed without needing either an enormous fixture covering the whole
bed or needing to remove and refit a smaller fixture (like the standard
Myford one).... I want to put screw vernier adjusters on mine, though
it's possible looking at the way that mine is made that the upper piece
can be made easily removeable in which case mine will have the screw
vernier and a couple of patterns made, one for 2MT and one for 1 3/8
non-stick (so I can knock out bits for my mill)

Also I've seen one on a Harrison at college that had a copying
attachment that ran off the parallel bedway.... It even had a repetition
capstan and stops on it.....

chrisc