[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM?

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:19:02 -0500

> I got one of those Jesse, takes about 20 mins to pump up my double
airbed!!

I am surprised it pumps that fast, but then you are not interested in
pressure, only volume.  The one I have is not supposed to be operated more
than 20 minutes without a cooling off period as it gets pretty warm pumping
trailer tyres to 65 PSI.  Should run much cooler against the ounces of
pressure required in the air bed.

> I got a decent compressor from Aldi from following up info from here,
blows
> me bleedin socks off!!........ And it was cheap!> Dave.

We talking 12 volts here or is it 110VAC or more? Probably made in China and
available at Horror Fright here in the States so what kind of ID does it
have?  If it is 110Volts, don't bother to look as I have two compressors of
that type, one in each of me shops.

Along the ME line, Charles Brumbelow has his new/used (Politically Correct -
"Previously Owned") Cli-Shay up and ready for the big Mid-South meet this
next week.  Crank shaft had apparently had a sudden shock that rotated one
of the cranks 90°, but we got that all corrected now and he had it steamed
up this afternoon. My Filer and Stowell is loaded in my wonderful Dodge
Cummins Turbo diesel truck and ready to leave Troy on Tuesday about noon.  I
think I got all the various and sundry water leaks repaired so I wont be
disappointed at this meet.  The rubber liner inside the stainless steel
braided pressure line from the tender hand pump to axle feed water pumps had
developed numerous pinhole leaks.  New line, no leaks!  Tested boiler to
150PSIG so all is in readiness.

Jesse in sunny West Tennessee near the mile wide Mississippi River.