[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM?

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:39:11 -0400 (EDT)

I know that it is a little off topic Jesse, but can you get discount rates
for bulk purchases ..... ???

Tony.>

I think so Tony, but you will have to ask some one with gobs of money that
question as I have never had the opportunity to even think about it much less
try.  One of our state senators just had to resign because he was caught in an
FBI sting accepting money from a ficticious company "who wanted some favors".
Now he can devote full time to his two families, neither of which he is married
to, and the family funeral home business.

Here in the little world of Troy, TN, I worked on getting my Filer and Stowell
logging locomotive ready for the big (hopefully) Mid-South meet on the 21 thru
25th of this month.  Got up steam in about 11 minutes from a cold start with
full boiler (had just pressure tested it), blew the whistle, tested the
injector (not working too well) and blew down from both blowdown valves.  All
should be ready to load into my wonderful Dodge Cummins PU truck on the 19th
for departure on the 20th.  Only need to fill the spare propane bottle and I
will be ready to run with the big boys and their "diesels", Atlantics,
Americans  and Moguls.

Jesse in West Tennessee USA