[modeleng] Stainless Steel Boilers

Hi
A  5" gauge loco  was sold on E-Bay yesterday for £3226 that had a stainless
steel boiler.
The vender (a Dealer I think) informed me of the Boiler construction, when
being nosey I enquired.

This got me thinking so I checked with my club Boiler Inspector about S/S
Boilers. He stated that no way would he issue a Boiler Cert for a S/S Boiler.
He also added that as far as he was aware no insurance company would accept it
unless Certificates could be produced regarding the quality of the S/S and the
welding.
Has anybody any experiance of this?

Has somebody somewhere bought an engine that is a lemon?

Regards

Clif
MODEL ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST.