[modeleng] Re: Playing Taps

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:25:37 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Jesse,
I'll probably not spring for the tap and solve the problem by re-machining a
standard nut.

I have been finishing up a wood bandsaw-to-metal conversion and solved the need
for belt take-up by mounting the entire motor-gearbox assembly on a set of bar
waya giving a 2" travel, just enough to loosen and replace belts or pulleys.
The gearbox itself allowed this because it had bolting flanges sufficiently
deep to be bored to pass the ways (bars) through.  This "carriage" will be
traversed by Acme leadscrew and it needs a fixed nut.
Dheers,
Harry