[modeleng] Now Ga1 was 3½ versus 5

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:21:51 -0500

At 09:29 AM 10/4/05 +0100, you wrote:
>I am currently drawing the tender for a loco in Gauge 1 (10mm - 1ft) - Jem

Jem,
      Which loco did you choose?  I'm active in Ga1 myself.  There is
ongoing friendly discussion amongst G1MRA members of which scale is
preferred, 1:32 or 10mm, with no resolution of course,  but there is
unanimous opinion that 1:29, the scale which is currently used by American
mfg Aristocraft is NOT preferred.
      I'm also relatively active in 7.5"ga, and once upon a time a couple
of my fellow club members (Not Mr. Jesse!) had an "You're either with us,
or agin' us" attitude and couldn't seem to get past the idea that dabbling
in more than one gauge,or any gauge but 7.5", was like cheating on your
wife.  But they seem to have gotten over that.
     There is a group of Swiss builders who have done SECR D-class 4-4-0s
in 10mm to a simply stunning level of detail.

Regards,
Harry Wade