[modeleng] Re: Mystery thread

  • From: "Jeff D" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:20:00 +0000

The .216 dia and between 24-28 thread lead me to think that the thread might
be M6x1.0, with a setscrew on the low side. I say so because M6x1.0 converts
to .236 dia x roughly .04 pitch, and .04 pitch is 25 TPI. I've seen lots of
setscrews and machine screws .01" to .02" low on dia. Further, a Lot of
later Rockwell machines were Taiwanese made, and use a lot of metric
threads. You might try an M6 screw in the hole just to see.

Good juck, Jeff Dayman