[modeleng] Re: Mystery thread

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:04:16 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Jeff,
Ths isn't a saw problem, which was made in the USA, the thread problem was with
the gearbox - David Brown/Made in UK.  In any case the thread problem is solved
as I described in my last post - I simply tapped for a new grubscrew.  The
motor drive unit is now assembled and installed and runs very nicely.

My next task will be to fabricate the step pulleys and this brings me to a
question for the group, which is, . . . in order to slack the V-belt for speed
changes I plan to use an idler pulley and in thinking about that it occurred to
me that the idler must be on the "slack" side of the driving pulley as opposed
to the "pulling" side. Am I correct in this, or does it matter in the long run?

Regards,
Harry