[modeleng] Re: Myford

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:15:17 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----
>From: Clifton <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Early days yet as from today's news I suppose the dust has yet to settle.

The ME board (Mssr Clark) says this is a reorganization, not a closure, and the
premises are presently in the hands of the reorganizers.  Also mentioned is a
plan to have a machine and spares selloff soon.  Whether this is a
clear-to-the-walls sale or just a stock reduction remains to be seen.

My guess is that lathe production will sooner or later be closed out and
Myfords will continue but pursue more profitable interests.

Does anyone recall the "WhiteColt" lathe?  This was an early, and short lived,
attempt to have Myfords cloned in Asia and (so I read at the time) resulted in
a horrid piece of junk.
Cheers,
Harry