[modeleng] More Bridgeport Questions

  • From: Roger Mason <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Model Engineering List - Latest <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:30:49 +0000

Hi Guys,

    I am slowly (very slowly) getting the Bridgeport installed.   The
motor is now wired up and controllable,  but still very noisy.

    Whilst cleaning things I re-discovered that the handle that locks
the vertical movement of the knee is broken.   In order to prepare for a
repair I thought I would unscrew the locking rod,  which passes from the
front of the knee to the back where the gib strip is.   I have turned it
a number of revolutions,  but it doesn't appear to be unscrewing.   Does
this lock work by screwing onto a little slug (brass?) which bears on
the fixed,  main casting?   If not how does it operate?

    My manual although it shows an exploded view is not a lot of use in
this area.

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes.