[modeleng] Modern Material

I am currently refurbishing a 5" gauge Simplex which has non ferrous cylinders.
The slide valves are rather badly scored so I have skimmed the top of the
cylinder block no problem but I am reluctant to skim the valve itself as it is
obviously not made of a material with good rubbing characteristics against the
cylinder block.
I have it in mind to make new valves out of carbon filled ptfe which I have
previously used for a regulator valve with good results but this duty is a
little more onerous.
Any thoughts anybody?
Barrie
MODEL ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST.