[modeleng] Re: Miniature Railways and Planning Permission

  • From: "Bob Logan" <boblogan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:54:04 +1200

I personally, would like further information, on this subject.  Here in New
Zealand, central Government has enacted the "Resource Management Act,  RMA."
Everything that gets constructed, has to get RMA,from local government,
which could take months before approval, and costs are horrendously more
expensive.     My personal opinion, this act has hamstrung the development
of our enjoyment, in developing places of entertainment for families.
(Parks and such.) On the better side of the coin, no shoddy buildings,
better constructed roads, more transport planning before new
sporting/entertaining facilities are considered for constructing.   Town
Planning is incorporated into the RMA also, now the "urks," who do the
penpushing, now polish PC keys, have to go outside to have a smoke, half
hour for morning and afternoon teas,each, one hour lunch break.   And now
you want to know, why I am interested in your Planning and Miniature
Railways.

Bob Logan.