[modeleng] Re: Mica?

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 12:48:45 +0100

I would guess that it is mica.

I have seen it flake and disintegrate due to age and heat, but not change as
you mention.
Might only do that under certain heat + pressure conditions.

On the other hand, I suppose there might be some substitute for mica
available today.
If there is, I have not come across it.

But, if so, I wonder how it would be for a gauge glass protector?

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.