[modeleng] Re: Loco identity

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:12:43 -0500

Tel,

Fortunately I haven't seen Howard the Duck and believe I am better off for
not having viewed it.

I did see a 3-D move back in 1952 that had some guys in gorilla costumes
with fishbowl helmets.  It was the first 3-D movie I had ever seen and
wasn't worth the 25 cent admission price.  No plot, nothing but these so
called moon astronauts with the fish bowl helmets who had attacked earth for
who knows what,  Probably to pick up women to haul back to the moon, but I
don't remember after all these years. Probably lots of screaming by the
picked up women.

Have you figured out how the valve motion on the weirdo loco could operate?
I think there is something hidden from view.  Too bad we don't have a bottom
view.  What interested me about the thing is that the cab roof and windows
did not look like it was made by someone in Old Blighty.  The cab looked
more 'Murrican, but those bumpers definitely came from somewhere else where
they don't use Janny® couplers.  I stick by my original idea that someone
just pulled the design out of thin air after having seen a steam locomotive
back when they were just a child.

Kind of reminded me of a plaque in a National park.  The object on the
plaque was supposed to represent a Civil War field cannon, but looked like
some 4 year old child had drawn it.  It really looked crude to me since I
had built myself a cannon during the CW Centennial and worked from
blueprints from the Smithsonian Institute. and in "The Artillerist's Manual
1860".