[modeleng] Re: Locking a lathe spindle

  • From: "John Pagett" <john_pagett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:24:14 -0000

Ron,

I presume that engaging the back gear without releasing the normal drive
still has too much backlash?

As an alternative, can you make an expanding device to grip inside the
spindle - like the sort of thing people make for winding the chuck round by
hand? There may be a chance to put an arm on it at the changewheel end and
lock that to something.

JohnP