[modeleng] Re: Krackle finish paint

  • From: "alan stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:56:26 -0000

Crackle paint is the only (practical) way.
The last time I used any (for radio panels) it came (indirectly) from
Technical Paint Services, but I believe they only sell in fairly large
quantities, but mine was re-packaged by one of the radio suppliers.

Apply paint, then place article in domestic oven for ah hour or so at about
250F, as far as I recall.

TPS still exist, now in Bournemouth (and on the Web). Give them a call as
they are helpful people.

Alan Stepney

http://www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering & steam engine information pages