[modeleng] Re: Kettle

  • From: "John Pagett" <john_pagett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:02:53 -0000

Jesse,

It's that seperation by a common language again!

Whilst cordless tools are battery powered, cordless kettles in the UK are
mains powered. It's just that the kettle sits on a base which has an easy
connect/disconnect plug and socket. The power cord goes into the base. The
advantage is that you don't have to trail the lead around when you boil a
kettle of water to free off stuck balls in the loco hand pump!

JohnP