[modeleng] Re: Heat proof body filler

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:10:02 +0100

Thanks everyone.
250F will probably suffice.

Sorry Jesse, even I am not daft enough to build a boiler from it. lol

I am rebuilding a loco I made long ago, and am not happy with some of the
work I did back then.
I either have to remake many parts, in which case, starting from scratch
would be easier, or patch up the worst of the blemishes, and cover it all
with a coat of paint.
In its favour, mechanically it is OK (having just had new bearings, bushes
etc) and the boiler is fine, but cosmetically it is not so good.
I decided to "bodge" and accept the facts that (a) my workmanship was not
good then, and (b) it will never win any awards.

It was always an excellent runner, and looks arent everything.....
(Says he, trying to convince himself!)

Alan