[modeleng] Re: Harrogate ME Exhibition

  • From: Patrick Coppens <develop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:28:54 +0200

Andrew Houston wrote:
> But then, Patrick, would we see fuel consumption figures in km/litre, which
> I like because it tells me how far I can go on my 55 litre tank full (same
> as MPG), or would we use litres/100km and have to do the reciprocal
> arithmetic.
>
> BTW.  I once hired a Ford in the UK (Focus ?) that had a choice of Imperial
> or Metric units on its on-board computer.  Unlike my car, which gives a
> choice of English, European or USA measures, the Ford gave Gallons /
> Fahrenheit or Litres /Celcius.
>
> Never did discover if the Gallons were US or UK.
>
> Andy

The fact remains, that one has to take a weekend job, to pay for fuel
these days!
And we are all being taken for a ride!
When you take the prices from some time ago ($72/barrel) and the
relation Euro/$
and you take the price now ($107/barrel?) and again the relation Euro/$
the present price of fuel should be one (1!!) Eurocent more expense then
2 years ago....
Thieving lot!