[modeleng] Re: Giving rides to small children

  • From: "NIGEL MUSKETT" <nmuskett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 00:00:57 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: modeleng-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:modeleng-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Terry Lane
Sent: 09 October 2005 20:29
To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [modeleng] Re: Giving rides to small children

That's a good question Chas, while children certainly need protecting, I
believe the problem to be on a far smaller scale than the media/public
hysteria would have us believe. The 'Great Unwashed' have need of a peg to
hang their collective phobias on - 20 years ago the whole human race was
going to be dead of AIDS by the year 2000, the last few years it has been
pedophiles. Far better, in my opinion, to focus on the many, many starving
children, or those suffering horrible neglect - mostly committed by those
very people that ARE allowed to put 'em on & off the trains.

And those are the same people who will not think twice about making an
allegation against you if they can see a way to make some money. It is not
so much children who need protecting but the club and members from them and
their parents.

I am sorry but anybody who in this day and age touches a child is asking for
trouble, ask any teacher, I gave up working with the Scouts because I
stopped enjoying it because of these reasons and in my day job as an
engineer working in peoples homes I am not to enter a room containing a
child without the parent present to protect me from false allegations.

The point I am trying to make it is not what you have done but what you can
not prove you have not!

Nigel