[modeleng] Re: Fw: airbus cockpit 380 360 view

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:34:03 -0000

Steam engines are something we can all understand and are simple enough for
us to model.
As are the early IC engines.
A few people, such as Mr Hares, can model the more complex engines.
Those who are interested in aircraft, make the most fantastic and realistic
models of them, accurate in every detail.

However, will anyone ever make a working model if the A380?
I doubt it.
The technology has just moved so far that no one person can have the
expertise in the various hi-tech items it uses, and it is beyond normal
home-construction techniques.

No doubt some will make static models of, say, that cockpit layout, and
maybe static models of the entire plane, but I suspect that will be all.

Alan