[modeleng] Re: Fool question

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:57:20 +0100

I can't persuade the doctor that he should prescribe a bottle of single
malt whisky on the NHS each week!

Hi Peter,

My Great Grandmother used to get 12 bottles of stout, (Mackeson was her
choice), a week on prescription. My Grandfather, (her son) used to fetch the
prescription on his Lambretta series 3, 175 scooter, well admired by the
mods in his area, a purpose built box to carry the said 12 bottles with a
lid held down by a bunjy rope. That was 40 years ago but I still remember
the scooter rattling botttles down the road.

Dave.