[modeleng] Re: FW: Rail Accident Investigation alert: RAIB investigation - Kirklees

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:03:49 +0100 (BST)

Hi there Phill,

Interesting - does it make any particular noice as it leaves the
internally shaped plug (ie could you or would you shape it to make an
audible noise)?

Or would you normally expect the noise of the fire being put out by steam
to be enough (no water above the crown, which is why the plug melts)?

Also, is there any spec on rate of decrease of boiler pressure (ie safety
valves are specified to not allow more than a 10% rise in boiler pressure
with it generating steam at full 'wack', presumably where you have
boiler plates sagging you might want to say: must half boiler pressure
in X seconds)?

Yours,

Rich.