[modeleng] Re: FW: Rail Accident Investigation alert: RAIB investigation - Kirklees

  • From: The Sheppard Residence <psbr20252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:31:01 +0100

On 29/07/2011 11:09, Peter Sheppard wrote:

Always blank from web-mail?

This is what I writ!

Rich,

That's a bit strong!

There has been an incident, a preliminary investigation has been
performed to see if any immediate action needs to be taken by other
operators, this has been reported publicly and a full investigation will
be performed in due course.  They have reported the facts as they see
them at this time, they may be amended as the investigation proceeds.

It is much better than seeing a headline in a local paper with "Train
Driver Escapes Near Boiler Explosion!)

I spend a lot of time looking through these reports as part of my day
job and I find them comprehensive and very useful.  They seek to
identify the root causes and not to apportion blame.

The RAIB was not set up on the whim of the UK government, but is a
requirement of EU Railway Legislation.  I was involved in the review of
the UK enactment of the EU Requirements.

Regards

Peter