[modeleng] Re: Couplings Now O/T

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:27:15 -0600

I can answer that 'un for you Al, Kew Bridge is indeed where the big non
rotative pumping engine is located.  I have  a video of it running that I
got from a PBS series "Out of the Firey Furnace".  In that same video is the
big Iron Bridge at Coalbrookdale (?) as well as "Locomotion 1" running under
steam.  The iron bridge is made of cast iron pieces that are mortised into
each other like a piece of furniture.

Unka Jesse