[modeleng] Re: Couplings

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:08:31 -0600

Over here in the US of A, the Janney automatic knuckle couplers are almost
universally used except for vintage equipment which uses "Link and Pin"
couplings from the "good olde days".  Between the locomotive and tender a
drawbar is always used of course.  On my link and pin couplings, I use those
little "hair pin" safety clips that fit through a hole in the bottom end of
the pins and those must be removed before the pins can be lifted to release
the links.  Nothing like seeing your locomotive sail serenely along sans
driver while said driver picks himself up out of the ballast!  Voice of
experience here!!

Unka Jesse from Tennessee

Subject: [modeleng] Re: Couplings

> Alan
>
> We use bars, as probably most clubs do.  As for pins, we have a set of
pins
> with a spring semi-circle which is quite vicious if you're not careful.
It