[modeleng] Re: Clinker

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:57:51 -0000

Hi all

Last year my club had a bad lot of coal and this gave us terrible trouble
with clinker, to the point where some owners were reluctant to bring their
locos for our public running days.  The coal was supplied by Signal Fuels
who, to their credit, agreed to have the whole lot back.  They exchanged for
some super stuff that has given us no problems this year.  I don't know the
source of their coal, but no doubt I could find out.

It pays to complain, after all if it is sold as steam coal and can't be used
in a steam loco, then it's not fit for purpose.

Regards
Ron Head
Oxford