[modeleng] Re: Cleaning Chucks

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:18:26 -0500

> While on the subject of fear, the idea of using my delicate set of pinkies
> (fingers) to stop a revolving chuck is too scary to contemplate!.
> I think that has covered everybody.
> Cheers all.
> Ken Jones in wet and thundery Berkshire

Ah Ken,

Sure and those pinkies will toughen up with time.  Actually if the chuck is
smooth like it should be then there is nothing to cause any problem unless
you leave the jaws sticking up and whack a finger against one of (make that
3 ) them.  Of course if you are not doing light production work, then there
is no reason to stop the chuck for work changes.

Jesse in hot, humid Tennessee near the mighty, mile wide Mississippi river.