[modeleng] Re: Cleaning Chucks

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:54:16 -0500

Charles,

It is my thumb and forefinger on the left hand that stays shiny from the
instant braking, just have to make sure no chuck jaws are sticking up that I
might have hit my fingers.  Actually, I brake near the back of the chuck
where the key gear is located so I am  out of the way of jaws anyway.  Oh, I
stop the spindle on my drill press the same way because it is usually
running fast also, IE: grabbing the chuck.  Not Kosher I know, but it speeds
up drill changes considerably.

Jesse