[modeleng] Re: Christmas Present

  • From: "TEL" <tel47@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 05:16:21 +1100

Looks like one worth having Lee - perhaps in the next few weeks.

Couldn't see it listed on the Hobby Mechanics site tho.

.... and yes, I do have a part built Edwin - started quite some time ago,
but it's been laying fallow while I've been doing other things (mainly under
the direction of senior management) ....... hmmmmm New Year resolution,
finish off .....

> Merry Christmas everyone
> This years Christmas present to myself was a book by Brian Wilson "Steam
> Trains In Your Garden"  For anyone that's interested in the smaller gages
> this is a great construction manual. The layout is very similar to Kozo
> Hiraoka's book's but with plenty of colour.
> Brian Wilson is the author of the very popular "Edwin" construction series
> in AME magazine ( I think Tel has built or is building one) The book is a
> much updated version of that, using the John Fowler sugar cane loco of
1923
> as the prototype.  The basic design can be modified to a Hunslet, Peckett,
> or Decauville outline 0-4-4-0 or 0-6-6-0 with either gas or a coal fired
> boilers.  I got my copy direct from AME Retail and its available from
Camden