[modeleng] Re: Casting Questions

  • From: Doug Edwards <stueart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 08:32:59 -0700

Charles,

I pour bronze on occasion at 1950f, and started doing so on concrete.  I
later read
this was not recommended, but I have never had the concrete pop.  The
conditions
I was in was on old concrete in the middle of summer in a dry climate,
which may
have had something to do with it.

On the other hand, I have never seen a commercial investment foundry that
didn't pour over cement, and that included ferrous alloys closer to 3000F.

All I can say is draw your own conclusions.  By my experiences,  I sure
don't
know.

Regards,

Doug