[modeleng] Re: Broken tap and sulphuric acid

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:24:53 -0500

Kevin,

I don't know if the acid will dissolve the tap or not, but you have plenty
of it already on hand if you possess an automobile.  Sneak a few drops out
of a fully charged battery if you want to try dissolving the tap.

Jesse in cool rainy (for a change) W. Tennessee

I have broken the end of tap in a phosphor bronze casting, and I have
 heard a rumour that a couple of drop of sulphuric acid will dissolve the
 tap. Is this correct? And if so where can I buy / get a small quantity.
 I have been offered 25 litres, but cannot get anything smaller.