[modeleng] Blowlamp for small silver soldering jobs

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:09:45 -0500

At 11:43 AM 8/25/04 +0100, you wrote:
>b) with a product which perhaps is tried and tested, and works best as it is
>Any thoughts anyone?

Rich,
     Since I don't know wot's available on your side I can only describe
what I use for "kitchen table" jobs which is a small torch fueled by MAPP
gas.  This is a combination of liquified petroleum or propane gas with
methyl acetylene-propadiene and although the tank & torch appear to be
identical to a typical D.I.Y. propane torches the MAPP flame is somewhat
hotter and more concentrated.  I have what might be considered a "pencil"
tip and it is very quiet but will when cranked up will easily silver solder
most any samll fitting or assembly.

Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee