[modeleng] Battery problems

  • From: The Sheppard Residence <psbr20252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:25:10 +0000

It was marked, sealed for life, I guess than when it "unsealed" itself,
that was the end of its life!

http://www.lmandwr.co.uk/battery/battery_1.jpg
http://www.lmandwr.co.uk/battery/battery_2.jpg

More seriously, any ideas what could have happened?  This is a battery
that is used in my Landrover (in series with the "normal" battery) to
give me 24v for the diesel heater.  It comes out about once a month for
charging.

It was put on charge a couple of days earlier on a 12v, 5A (trickle)
charge, I came into the workshop yesterday to find this!

I have since charged a similar battery (same type) without any problems.

Cheers

Peter