[modeleng] Re: Batam Cock Boiler

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:25:31 -0600

At 05:27 PM 12/11/06 -0000, you wrote:
>Harry, I have drawings and text for LBSC's Bantam Cock. The original was
>serialised in Mechanics mag Jan 1945 to 46. The threads for the safety
>valves is shown as 3/8 times 26tpi and regulator bush is 1/2 times 32tpi.
>Hope this of some help. - Regards

Richard (and R.L.)
   Exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks very much.  One of your
countrymen who managed to escape has turned up over here with a Bantam Cock
under his coat which he now wishes to run.  Of course in general we don't
bother ourselve too much about testing the smaller gauges but he says
he''ll feel much better about the whole thing if it has a hydro-test which
he wishes me to perform and I've gladly agreed to do it.

Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee