[modeleng] Re: BA/ME Thread Query

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:44:57 -0000

Tel, I think you might have it.
I had forgotten 3/32BSW.
At 0.09375 it is right between 7 and 8 BA, and 48tpi (I had to look it up)
it isnt far from the BA threads.

As for cycle, as mentioned by Andrew, there are several around those sizes,
(details are on page 75 of my website) but I reckon that BSW is more likely.

If the originals were made by Bassett Lowke, they did source a lot of goods
from Germany from their inception up to WW2, and some were to metric
dimensions, although I dot think any standard metric thread is in that size.
Bonds, on the other hand, were AFAIK strictly British dimensions. Easy to
check as they still exist, in Rumbolds Hill, Midhurst, and contacting them
might provide the answer, if they were a Bonds product.
 Alan Stepney

http://www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering & steam engine information pages