[modeleng] Re: BA/ME Thread Query

  • From: peter.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:41:34 +0000

It seems to be the season for finding strange threads. I went to use an
Italian made  variable capacitor this afternoon. No nut for the mounting
thread. Investigate, and the damn thing is 11mm diameter, 1mm pitch!!!
That's not in any table I've found.................

Gave up. Spent 2 hours in turning etc to make a new bush, threaded
3/8-32tpi and suitably bored to make a seating for the ball bearings. A
very moot point whether or not making a small enough boring tool to cut an
inside thread to fit would have been quicker. With my standard of
workmanship - most unlikely!

Peter Chadwick
Swindon